Sunday, September 27, 2020

Quarantine

 Most people around here don’t mask or mask in selected settings only.  Because of our experiences with Nate and his compromised immune system, we have been pretty diligent advocates.  However, we were naughty this summer and flew out west to see some family.  Rusty picked up Covid in Idaho and came down with symptoms the day after we got home.

Oops.

His symptoms were pretty dramatic but he didn’t need hospital care.  He rode it out in the master bedroom and the kids and I stayed in the rest of the house- but Hannah and I managed to catch it anyway.  Hannah showed symptoms on day 13 of her quarantine.  So, PSA, yes, please do wait all 14 days before declaring yourself safe.  She and I had much milder cases.  If I hadn’t been in quarantine for weeks, I would not have realized that what I had was Covid- my symptoms were not the classic ones.  Anyway, because it took time to work its way through the family, our combined quarantine added up to 6.5 weeks.  Hyrum and Naomi were the last to be released and were absolutely thrilled to finally go to school last Wednesday.

Hannah chose online school this year, but does go on campus every other day for choir.  Hyrum and Naomi chose in-person school.  Hybrid won’t be offered in our district unless the community count goes up.  So far (4 weeks in), so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment