Time flies when you're having fun! We have been doing pretty well. Nate and I (Michelle) went on our first trip to the children's hospital in Kansas City. It's smack-dab downtown, and if there's anything that makes me nervous, it's driving our huge van in a big city. My knuckles were in danger of becoming permanently white. But we survived, and the hospital itself is going to be a great resource, even if it is a two hour drive away. We've seen three specialists so far (one is in Manhattan, much closer), and we will see six more specialists and get one therapy evaluation in the first week of March. We should also get most of Nate's therapies up and running (in Topeka, only one hour away) across the month of March, which will fill my weekdays again.
I (Michelle) turned 32 this month, and celebrated in my usual way- getting a cold. Being sick on my birthday is a long-established tradition. The most notable year was when I threw up in my eighth grade social studies class. Great birthday. No, seriously, I had a good birthday this year. I gave myself permission to take a nap and accomplish next to nothing all day. Rusty got me a nice dinner and tulips and let me buy some books. He chose well! We also got to spend the following Saturday with good friends.
Rusty has been having fun making a promo video for create.lds.org's most recent competition. You can see his video by following the link to his videos in the sidebar. He wants everyone to check out create.lds.org and submit their own contributions (artwork, photos, music, videos, etc). It's a great opportunity to contribute in a unique way.
Hyrum turns 9 at the end of this month, so hopefully we'll have fun stories next week to tell about how we celebrated his birthday!
We hope you are all well!
Happy late Birthday!!! My goal was to remember everyone's birthdays this year and so far I have failed miserably. sorry! Glad you gave yourself permission to rest and get better though. You deserve it!! WE sure think of you guys often. You amaze me!
ReplyDeleteWe love the updates to your blog, looks great!
ReplyDelete