A bunny lives under our deck. He's a cute little guy, but not the kind I'm used to. His ears are small for a rabbit, maybe only 3 or 4 inches long, and narrow with a rounded tip (like a spoon). Rabbits are all over the area, but I wonder if this one was domesticated, because it is so plump.
Anyway, we wandered outside today to try to catch a glimpse of the bunny. Hannah, Hyrum and I crouched down and peered under the deck in complete silence for a whole five minutes. (I like that kind of game.) When Bunny didn't show, Hannah ran inside and got a carrot. Then Hyrum managed to spear the carrot like a marshmallow on a stick, to lure the bunny out. When bunny didn't appear, we left the carrot-on-a-stick by the steps. We'll have to check it tomorrow.
Rusty then took the kids "adventuring" which means wandering the neighborhood, poking around the creek, and helping the kids find all of the culverts so they'll get in trouble for playing in them when they're older. This time he brought along his videocamera, so maybe you'll see a video of their adventures in the near future. By the way, check the sidebar. We added a link to some of Rusty's videos, if you'd like to see them!
Take care, everyone!
Last week one of the "twigs" prayed for Nate. After the prayer they all asked what I'd heard about your awesome family and I got to share the bunny story with them.
ReplyDeleteWe think it's the best of luck to have a bunny living under your deck!