Well, it took us four days but we got here! We arrived at 6 pm Monday, at the exact time Rusty had arranged for the branch to help us move in. We had several guys working hard, and I kept overhearing comments like, "there can't possibly be fragile glass in all of these boxes!" Well, if you pack only 5 canning jars per box (with a lot of scrap fabric or clothes or baby blankets around each jar), and you have as many jars as I do, then YES, you do end up with an impossible amount of boxes labeled "FRAGILE: GLASS". Rusty started to say something about how many canning jars I have, and how maybe I could get rid of them since it'll be a while before I have a big garden again. I about took his head off. He got genuinely scared- I think I've only snapped at him like that maybe two other times, ever?
;o)
Anyway, I've unpacked most of those jars, and half of the house. The mattresses are still on the floors and I can't find my kitchen knives, and Hyrum had to go without underwear last night because I couldn't get to the dresser and the rest was in the wash, but .... things are slowly pulling together!! I guess I'm showing my stress, because after Rusty finished telling me all about his awesome day at work and how much he loves his job, he paused, then told me very seriously that if I'm not happy, we can move back. I laughed. Poor guy, he's a good sport.
The kids' schools are really great, and everyone is really nice. Hyrum's bus driver thinks I'm an idiot, but he's very patronizing about it. Aaarrrgggg. Long story. I'm realizing that I have a lot more anxieties than I remembered, so it'll take a while before I relax, but things are off to a good start. I just have to slow down long enough to let it all sink in.
Welcome to Kansas! Now you get to experience all the things that made me who I am today! Aren't you just excited?
ReplyDeleteI am laughing so hard. I LOVE reading these posts. How dare Rusty insult your canning jars . . seriously! I hope things settle down for you. Even though we only moved 45 minutes north this last move was our hardest, I would sit on the floor looking at all of our boxes for hours not moving. It was pretty sad. I can only imagine how hard it is for you, Mt Home was home for over 6 years. And bus drivers are either awesome or dumb! Hope this guy wises up and turns awesome. :)
ReplyDeleteI love the new picture -especially the little handle on the cupboard behind your head that makes you look like a little who girl from Whoville - so cute! Sorry about the bus driver but having been the recipient of the delicious things with which you fill your canning jars I hope you keep every last one of them. They're like a promise that spring (the season not the sister-in-law) will come again (though the promise that Spring the sister-in-law will come visit again is equally delightful).
ReplyDeleteBest wishes sweet girl. (: