Sunday, July 14, 2019

Summer Goals

My friend April and I are both hermits, and neither of us enjoy exercise, but we are trying to break out of our ruts and motivate each other to go walking at the track early in the morning on weekdays.  She works next door, and I am far more willing to stick to something like exercise if I know someone is expecting me to show up.

I have frequently dragged my kids out of bed to be there by 7 am (now, 6 am), since April isn't always there and I don't feel comfortable alone.


On "Day One" I took Hannah.  The track was wet and she had a blast rescuing every single slug she saw.  She was shockingly really liking the early morning walking habit... until we moved it back to 6 am.  Ha!


Naomi literally cried when she discovered that I had let her sleep in.  This was also a shock, since she is notorious for staying up as late as possible and sleeping in until at least ten in the morning.  So the next day I entered her room and said, "Naomi, do you want to go walking?" She was awake and on her feet immediately.  I need to try this on school days...


You can guess Hyrum's opinion.  When I force him to come with me, he prefers to work on his series of Gravity Falls journals.  He has a copy of Journal #3, and has made his own journals 4-9.

No comments:

Post a Comment