Sunday, May 19, 2019

Adventures with Naomi

Naomi is a true joy to have around.  We really love her.

She's a pretty awesome artist:


She's eager to prove how she can do big things, which we may or may not exploit shamelessly:

(okay, I don't think that loaded right.  It's just a clip of Naomi vacuuming.)

Speaking of exploiting Naomi's six-year-old charm and innocence...

Hannah participated in a competition called "We the People" in which she and her teammates studied the Constitution, determined how it applied to some complex situations, and prepared answers to questions posed by real judges (the kind in a courtroom).  They did well, and were asked to attend a school board meeting to be recognized for their hard work.  Well, I chose to watch from the lobby because Naomi and Hyrum were NOT going to sit quietly.  To keep Naomi occupied, I gave her my phone and suggested she take a picture of Hannah.  She took this from the doorway:















I looked at the photo and told Naomi that she was standing too far away and needed to get closer.  So, she turned around and walked right into the room for a closer shot!

By the time she came back to me I was stifling laughter and several people in the audience were smiling and watching her come and go with the phone.  Pretty quickly the school board finished talking with Hannah's group and they gathered for a photo.  Laughing rather harder than necessary, I told Naomi to go back in there and get a photo from the front this time.  Sure enough, she waltzed right in, stood right in front of Hannah (blocking the teacher taking the photo), and said she wanted a picture.  Everyone said "Awwww..." and I was laughing my head off in the lobby.

The principals from the two grade schools and the speech therapist were all there with the school board, and since they all know me very well, quickly spotted me in the lobby laughing like a loon.  Yeah, they already knew I was a bit crazy... ha!  Hannah was pretty embarrassed, but when I showed her the "butt shot" in the parking lot she started laughing with me all the way back to the car...we got a lot of stares...it was fun.

Naomi enjoyed it too, even though she didn't see why it was a big deal.

Hyrum was miffed that I didn't let him chew out the school board for all of their "unfair" policies.  He tends to blame the Board of Education for all of his school woes.  That's the other reason we stayed in the lobby...Hyrum would definitely have made a scene.  I wonder where he learned that...

No comments:

Post a Comment