Thursday, December 7, 2017

Cough, Sneeze, Giggle, repeat.

We've been sick, and continue to be sick...tis the season.  Cough, cough, hack, hack.  My ears start popping non-stop for about five minutes whenever I lay down.  That one's new.

Naomi is a trooper- she wheezed out the following sentence late Sunday night:  "Tomorrow (gasp)... I'll feel (gasp)... better."  And she did- after several breathing treatments and some oral steroids.  She's still coughing up a storm but is irrepressible- and loving the freedom of watching nonstop TV and wrecking the house while I take care of Nate.

Nate's feeling miserable, but he still manages to giggle now and again.  Usually when I blow my nose.  Nate's giggle is contagious, and ever so slowly we are also learning to pick up his precious attitude: "no matter how little you can control in life, you can still at least find something to giggle about."  That, and: "cuddles are the best."

"Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion"- Steel Magnolias
Substitute brain fog and you've got us covered.

Not much happens around here while we're sick- but despite that we're doing pretty well and staying cheerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment