Thursday, May 4, 2017

Preschool Play Day

I was able to join Naomi's class for their end-of-the-year playground trip!  It's rare that I can go visit my kids at school or on field trips, so we were both pretty excited.



Naomi has always been afraid to go down slides (without someone sliding with her and "holding very tight").  Today, she conquered that fear!!  First, she went down the baby slide (sorry, no picture).  Then, she surprised me and was willing to go down this medium slide while I just stood next to it and held her hand.  But she didn't stop there- she wanted to go down by herself!  Then she insisted that I take a picture.  (I rarely carry my phone and snap photos.  Rebel Mama.)  I had to hike across the playground and get my phone out of the car, but she waited patiently until I came back and captured her victory.


Next, she blew me away with the request to go down the big slide.  She has climbed up this scary slide once before, but I had to rescue her.  But not today!  She went up like a trooper and (with a little coaching) slid down, all by herself!!
(That was actually her second run)

After more playtime and snack time, the two preschool classes went for rides on our community train.  Rusty recently did a video on the new wheel-chair accessible car for the train.  It might be on his Vimeo page (see "Rusty's videos" on the sidebar) or at threeriversinc.org.  Anyway, the kids did a pretty good job waiting patiently for their turn.  It's always a favorite.

Overall, it was a fun day to spend with Naomi and her preschool friends!

p.s.  Sorry if the videos aren't working.  I'll see if I can fix them.

1 comment: