Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Now all we need is some SNOW!!

So, Rusty took a photo of our Christmas lights, then started messing around on Photoshop.
What do you think- Festive?  Reflective? Creepy?  Just kidding.

I made that wreath.  All by myself.  It wasn't supposed to be nearly that BIG.  It was fun- made out of bush trimmings, coat hangers, and zip ties.  But I don't think I'll make one again- it took forever!

Since September, I've been trying to find a lot of "sit-down" projects like that wreath.  Something that doesn't involve walking, turning, bending, etc.  I've become an official wimp- I'm winded and need a nap after walking around the yard once (granted, it's a big yard).  I can't go up and down the stairs more than three times.  If I do, I will need a day and a half to regain my strength.  I am NOT exaggerating!!  Very frustrating.  Fortunately, this should be a temporary condition.   The baby's due in April.   It's a girl.  Hannah is very, very excited for a sister.  Once I kick the exhaustion and nausea, I'll be excited, too!  Sorry, guys- I'm usually not a whiner when I'm pregnant.  I get very frustrated with women who whine about such a huge blessing.  But this pregnancy is kicking my tail.

We're excited for Christmas, though!  Love this time of year.  My sister and I have been working on a project for our family, it's one I've put off for years and years.  Good thing I decided to ask her to help- having someone waiting for me to finish something is very motivating!  Should be done this week.  Maybe I'll upload a "snippet" after Christmas- that would be fun!

Hope you all are well!

3 comments:

  1. So excited for you guys!!! And I LOVE your wreath. VERY crafty Michelle, I am so proud of you. And seriously stairs make me winded and I'm not pregnant. Stupid stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hip hip hurray! So excited about your "temporary condition"! The house is beautiful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. we miss you!!! we love you and are so happy for your little girl who's making you so tired. stop a bit and relax..and don't take the stairs!

    ReplyDelete