Sunday, April 29, 2012

Willpower

Well, I didn't think she'd make it this long, but she did it.  Hannah waited three whole weeks before she ate her chocolate bunny from Easter.  I'm impressed.  For a six-year-old who loves candy, you gotta be impressed.  Of course, it helps that it was a really cute "Beatrix Potter" style bunny, and that's the whole reason she wouldn't eat it before.  It was "too cute!"

I'm also impressed that Hyrum or Rusty didn't try to snitch some chocolate.  ;o)  I guess they knew they'd be facing floods of tears if they did.

Rusty's had some massive willpower, too.  He has done pretty well with this whole "Game-On" diet.  Okay, the third week he got some pretty low scores.  But he has stopped raiding the vending machine at work and doesn't complain (much) about having more veggies on his plate than all the other food groups combined.  He's been a good sport.

Hyrum's got lots of willpower.  When it's HIS idea.  Like the time he lost his first tooth.  We thought he would be all freaked out about it, so when it came out (nice and bloody, great) we made a huge deal.  Lots of excitement and praise.  I guess we overdid it, because the next morning he woke us up with another tooth in hand.  That tooth had barely been moving the night before.  Apparently he worked on it and worked on it and essentially forced it out of his own head.  Kinda scary what misapplied willpower can do...  ;oP

Even Nate has lots of willpower.  He barely has control over his own movements and can't see much at all, but somehow he knows where the shadow of the living room furniture is and, given enough time, he always manages to wiggle his way over there.  Every single time.  What a kid!

Michelle needs to practice her willpower a bit more...like when a book is begging to be read, and the dishes really ought to be washed....  I guess that's why we've got so many examples of willpower in the house...hmm....

1 comment:

  1. Michelle you have amazing will power! Didn't know that about Hyrum's first tooth, pretty gross, but also pretty awesome!!

    ReplyDelete