Saturday, November 26, 2011
Rusty In Kansas update
Hey gang,
I have been in Kansas for about three weeks now if you count the three days it took getting here.
Besides missing Michelle and the kids a lot, things are going good.
My job has been a lot of fun, and looks to be getting better each day. Monday of this week I will formally be introduced to the faculty and staff of the college of education. My coworkers say things will really start picking up once they know we have a full time videographer back in house.
I am really excited about a new project I will be starting next week. It will be a short documentary/ marketing piece for a humanitarian effort in Tanzania. A professor and some of her students have been traveling to Africa each summer to train teachers how to identify and work with autistic children in their small villages. It is quite the undertaking for her. She thought that this summer would be her last trip, but when she returned home she said she felt "God tapping on her shoulder" to go again.
Her goal with video is to raise awareness of what they are doing and to help raise funds to rebuild some schools over there and expand what they can do for the children. It will be a great honor to create a video for that cause.
The branch out here is small but strong. Everyone takes on big callings with a smile and just does the best that they can. I am supposed to get a call tomorrow so well see what the Lord has in store for us. Either way, it will be fun to serve in this part of the vineyard.
Take care everyone, and thanks for checking in on us both.
Rusty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment